[Esip-communityresilience] Technical difficulties with the cluster call today

Arika Virapongse av at middlepatheco.com
Wed Apr 17 17:39:18 EDT 2019

Hello All!

Unfortunately, our cluster call had some technical difficulties today. We¹ll
have a new GTM link for our next meeting, so look for an update on the ESIP
calendar. A couple of us did manage to meet so we could keep the ball
rolling on our activities. Here is an update (also see the meeting notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pwoq4IOJPHKX3YI4714ZaZ8HoVRaEktGe24L0tW
Aawk/edit?usp=sharing> ):
* Check out the ESIP webinar "ESIP Collaboration Area Highlights Webinar" on
Friday April 19th at 1 pm ET. Rupu Gupta will be presenting on behalf of our
cluster.
* Our main activity is working on a ³problem statement
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FuutWuqssXYc7gLRl1zsNAIYwaZ9GlbvxCPtIQ4
Duww/edit?usp=sharing> ² to be  submitted as a peer reviewed paper some time
this year. If you¹d like to be part of the core group working on the first
draft of this paper, please let me know. The main question we are exploring
is: What is needed to make the transition of ³scientific data and
information for scientists² to ³scientific data and information for public
use²?
* We will not be contributing a session/poster at ESIP summer, but we plan
to have a presence at the ESIP winter meeting. Please let us know of any
ideas for the meeting!
* We also encourage you to join our ESIP slack channel:
#communityresilience.
Best,
Arika

Arika Virapongse, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Middle Path EcoSolutions
Research Scholar, The Ronin Institute
www.MiddlePathEco.com