[Esip-datareadiness] please comment by Oct 7th: draft survey on AI-ready data requirements

Tyler Christensen - NOAA Federal tyler.christensen at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 30 13:01:21 EDT 2021

Hello all,

Douglas and I have drafted a survey to continue gathering community
requirements
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jzyES7jAi9_A0Gti7Q87aBC6eime1zn6Wt7W_HTtokU/edit?usp=sharing>
to define AI-readiness for open data. Please read it over and add any
comment or suggestions directly in the document by COB next Thursday,
October 7th.

The survey asks respondents to prioritize which of the factors in our draft
"checklist" standard are the most critical for their AI / machine learning
needs. We also ask for input on anything that is important but not
currently on our list.

The main audience for the survey will be the 100+ researchers who presented
a talk or a poster at the recent NOAA AI Workshop
<https://2021noaaaiworkshop.sched.com/>. Douglas and I will also circulate
it among NOAA AI / ML practitioners and key collaborators like the AI2ES
research institute <https://www.ai2es.org/>. Once the survey is released,
it would be great if you would also circulate it within your own
collaboration networks to get a broad response.

We hope to release the survey by the end of next week (October 8th).

Thank you for your continued support and collaboration!
Tyler

--
Tyler Christensen (she/her)
Metadata Coordinator