[Esip-dds] DDS Data life cycle models available

Jeff de La Beaujardiere - NOAA jeff.delabeaujardiere at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 8 09:50:46 EST 2013

Attached for your consideration please find a couple of diagrams from
the (draft) NOAA Environmental Data Management Framework that illustrate
our lifecycle model. The first diagram (framework) indicates that there
are over-arching considerations that apply to all data management, such
as Principles and Governance and the other items shown, with each
dataset having a lifecycle that may not be the same in all cases. The
second diagram (lifecycle) enumerates possible activities in planning,
data management, and usage phases. Not shown on this particular diagram
are all the possible feedback loops between activities in the lifecycle.

Regards,
Jeff DLB

Jeff de La Beaujardiere, PhD
NOAA Data Management Architect
1335 East-West Hwy, Silver Spring MD 20910 USA
+1 301 713 7175 (NESDIS/OSD/TPIO - SSMC1/5236)