[Esip-dds] Telecon *this Thu*, update from telecon with Paul

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Sat Mar 16 14:16:14 EDT 2013

Hi all,

First, a bit of business: because I will be away, I am rescheduling our
March telecon from the 4th Thursday to the 3rd Thursday.  That puts our
telecon on this Thursday, 3/21.   It will be at the usual time of 3:00
ET.   I hope you can make it.

Yesterday Carol, Chris and I had an opportunity to chat with Paul via
telecon with the goal of better understanding the decadal survey process
and how ESIP could best help the BRDI in bringing along the idea of a
data decadal survey.  I found it quite useful.   A page with more
complete notes is available at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_03.15.13_materials.   Highlights:

- yes, create a mission statement,  Please chime in with your thoughts
on that.  A page for discussion is available at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Cluster_mission_statement.

- keep compiling a list of relevant references, but table the actual
literature review for now.  The list is here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/References_to_literature,_sent_by_01/10/13_meeting_session_participants.

- possible targets this year
-- ESIP summer meeting panel discussion
-- subsequent meeting/workshop with invited representatives from wider scope

Talk with you on Thursday!

Anne