[Esip-disasters] ESIP Disasters Cluster Meeting July 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm Mountain Time

Pat Cappelaere via Esip-disasters esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Jul 10 08:26:24 EDT 2014

Karen,

Here is my wish list of products for disasters to have in common format that can be visualized on mobile platform:

- High Resolution DEM (<15m)
- Flood maps at high resolution at < 10m (or higher as available)
- Minimum/Maximum Inundation Levels at < 10m
- Minimum/Maximum Surface Reference Water at < 10m
- Daily Precipitation Accumulation and Forecast at 1km resolution or less
- Soil Moisture and Forecast at 1km or less
- Temperature/Wind Nowcast/Forecast at 1km or less
- Cloud Coverage Forecast at 1km or less
- Active Fires and Fire Forecast
- Fire Burn Scar Areas at 1km or less
- NDVI and similar indices at 1km or less
- Landslide/Flood Nowcast/Forecast at 1km or less
- Drought Nowcast/Forecast at 1km or less
- Earthquake Nowcast/Forecast
- Distributed Hazard Inventories (Landslides/Floods/Quakes/Volcanoes…)
- Hurricane/Tsunami Forecasts
- Night Lights at 1km or less
- Population density  at 1km or less
- Infrastructure layers (roads, rails, hospitals, schools…)
…

This may require:
- High res imagery (Visible, Multispectral and Hyperspectral) < 15m
- Radar Imagery < 15m

These products need to have a “common” semantic name.  They need to be able to be discovered in an ad-hoc or formal manner.
They need to be searchable for a local area.  They need to be sharable and annotatable by the Community.
They cannot require any proprietary software for any user interactions.

Pat.