[Esip-disasters] ESIP Disaster Lifecycle Cluster Telecon tomorrow Tuesday Apr 14 @11 am PT, 2 pm ET

Moe, Karen (GSFC-4070) karen.moe at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 14 17:58:21 EDT 2015

The following two sessions were added to the ESIP 2015 Summer Meeting web site. Please feel free to edit online if you have a user id, or send me your comments.

In addition to identifying people to invite to the summer meeting, we will want to identify speakers and people to lead discussion topics. Do you have a use case to share? Are there important topics you want to see on the agenda? Let us know!

Really appreciate the offers today from Dave, Maggi and Jun to start documenting the testbed activities. Always very helpful to have a draft to work on!

Best Regards,
Karen

Evolving Data Products for Community Resilience and Disaster Applications I

The Disaster Life Cycle Cluster coordinates efforts among data providers, managers and developers of disaster response systems and tools, and end-user communities within ESIP. We established a testbed called the Collaborative Common Operating Picture (C-COP) to facilitate sharing and validation of data products and tools to benefit every phase of the disaster life cycle.

This session will discuss experience with the initial use of the testbed, and describe how products and tools can be contributed to C-COP. We will discuss what aspects of candidate data products and services to test, and what success criteria can provide useful feedback to test teams.

Evolving Data Products for Community Resilience and Disaster Applications II

The Disaster Life Cycle Cluster coordinates efforts among data providers, managers and developers of disaster response systems and tools, and end-user communities within ESIP. We developed a working definition of the disaster life cycle phases.  One cluster goal is to work with user communities to identify the information model and observations/outputs needed to enhance their decision-making.

This session will explore use cases, such as wildfires, droughts, floods, etc., to better understand disaster and risk management user needs and how to more effectively deliver remote sensing products to meet those needs. The implications for data systems, such as the information model and needed outputs will be discussed. We will also get an update about the California Capstone activities from May 2015 (Maggi Glasscoe/JPL).