[Esip-disasters] ESIP Disaster Lifecycle Cluster Meeting Tomorrow at 4pm ET

Dave Jones dave at stormcenter.com
Wed Sep 6 17:08:53 EDT 2023

Hello ESIP DLC members!

We had our last meeting in Burlington, VT and we have not had some time to
recover and think about what the DLC can do to support the challenges of
gathering and accessing trusted information before, during and
post-disaster. Maggi and I would like your input for answering a challenge
posted during our May meeting by Phil Beilin. Phil, who works for FEMA
Region IX and the CA National Guard wants to know when a disaster strikes,
what agencies and organizations are collecting data and when. He, like many
others, want to access the right data at the right time to empower decision
making and situational awareness. Phil has been posing this question for
years so perhaps this is something we can discuss and maybe provide an
ESIP-approach to cross agency situational awareness.

Maggi will be leading the call tomorrow as I have a presentation at the
Geo-Gov conference near Dulles Airport tomorrow and my session on Safe
Cities begins at precisely 4pm ET. Here are some links to watch if you feel
so inclined prior to the meeting and I look forward to watching the
recording and hope the conversation is energized with thoughts and ideas.

ESIP Summer Meeting Webinar (Summarizing Sessions) - Disaster Lifecycle
Cluster  [55:04] (https://youtu.be/mEf1YE3-F48?si=dmggt6nebxQ3caDf
<https://youtu.be/mEf1YE3-F48?si=dmggt6nebxQ3caDf&t=3304> &t=3304)

ESIP Disaster Lifecycle Session at ESIP Summer2023 meeting:
https://youtu.be/ugB37UpEPaM?si=pM9c8yQA63Eo-D-P

If you have the interest, monitor the rapid intensification of Hurricane Lee
in the Atlantic ocean now.Lee is expected to reach CAT4 and perhaps CAT5
status in the next several days. Hopefully this powerful storm will remain
out to sea but there is currently a possibility that it may impact the
Eastern US at some point.
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/goes/floater.php?stormid=AL132023#homePageL
ink

Please connect to the ESIP Community calendar and join the Disaster
Lifecycle Cluster call tomorrow. The link is there:
https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/community-calendar

Regards,

Dave & Maggi

Dave Jones

He|Him|His

CEO, StormCenter Communications, Inc.

AMS Fellow, Applications Futurist, ESIP 2020 Partner of the Year

2016-2023 co-chair ESIP Disaster Lifecycle Cluster

2023 co-chair: ESIP Wildfire Cluster

Member: All Hazards Consortium, Sensitive Information Sharing Environment
(SISE)

Member: NOAA Extreme Events Ocean Observing Task Team (EEOOTT)

Member: DHS Extreme Events Working Group

Corporate Address:

UMBC Research & Technology Park South,

1450 S. Rolling Road, Suite 4.029

Halethorpe, MD 21227

O:410-203-1316, M: 410-271-4413

dave at stormcenter.com <mailto:dave at stormcenter.com>

NOAA NWS | AOML-HRD | GOMO contractor

NOAA JPSS contractor

NASA Partner | Wildland Fire Program | Heliophysics

GeoCollaborateR is an SBIR Phase III technology for synchronous
cross-platform data sharing and collaboration to improve situational
awareness and decision making. (SBIR Contract: NNX12CA85C) Sole source
justifiction <https://techpartnerships.noaa.gov/geocollaborate-tool/>