[Esip-discovery] ESIP DCP-1: Atom Response Format for OpenSearch, DataCasting, & ServiceCasting

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 11 17:42:41 EST 2011

Much of the Discovery Cluster will be dealing with forming community-based
and interoperable specifications for OpenSearch, DataCasting, &
ServiceCasting.

The initial Discovery Change Proposal (DCP)-1 for an ESIP Discovery Cast
Atom Response Format v1.1 is posted:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Change_Proposal-1

The format has roots from discussions originating from our ESDSWG New
Orleans meeting last October. But we still need your feedback. Some open
questions include:

(1) what namespace to adopt? discovery, esipdiscovery, ...
(2) adopt some of the new OGC rel link types? See Chris' forwarded email.
(3) use the "opensearch" namespace spec for pagination?

This format will be under review for comments and revisions until March 1.
We then plan on voting for approval as a spec. This will be our first
exercise of the governance process.

Adding additional changes or new proposals are documented here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Governance

--Hook