[Esip-discovery] ESIP DCP-1: Atom Response Format for OpenSearch, DataCasting, & ServiceCasting

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 15 16:00:55 EST 2011

Discussion of this proposal is now open.  See the mediawiki discussion page at:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Talk:Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format_v1.1

To subscribe to all changes to the Discussion page, click:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php?title=Talk:Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format_v1.1&action=watch

On Feb 11, 2011, at 5:42 PM, Hua, Hook (388C) wrote:

> Much of the Discovery Cluster will be dealing with forming community-based
> and interoperable specifications for OpenSearch, DataCasting, &
> ServiceCasting.
>
> The initial Discovery Change Proposal (DCP)-1 for an ESIP Discovery Cast
> Atom Response Format v1.1 is posted:
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Change_Proposal-1
>
> The format has roots from discussions originating from our ESDSWG New
> Orleans meeting last October. But we still need your feedback. Some open
> questions include:
>
> (1) what namespace to adopt? discovery, esipdiscovery, ...
> (2) adopt some of the new OGC rel link types? See Chris' forwarded email.
> (3) use the "opensearch" namespace spec for pagination?
>
> This format will be under review for comments and revisions until March 1.
> We then plan on voting for approval as a spec. This will be our first
> exercise of the governance process.
>
> Adding additional changes or new proposals are documented here:
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Governance
>

> --Hook

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185