[Esip-discovery] ESIP DCP-1: Atom Response Format for OpenSearch, DataCasting, & ServiceCasting

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 2 04:10:58 EST 2011

The review period is concluding for the Discovery Change Proposal (DCP)-1 for "an ESIP Discovery Cast Atom Response Format v1.1".

I’ve updated the format v1.1 spec based on feedback from the responses so far:
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format_v1.1>http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format_v1.1

Changes include:

 *   adopting IANA rel link conventions
 *   expanding ESIP-specific rel link types to include namespace
 *   settling on a namespace.

Since we have our next Discovery Cluster telecon next Tuesday (2011-03-08)<x-apple-data-detectors://1>, that might be a good opportunity to have a final round of verbal discussions before we vote on the spec. Until then, we should review the revised spec.

Nothing was discussed for the custom tag extensions approach. What about ECHO adopting GeoRSS-Simple for adding support of points and lines? Are we ok with those?

--Hook