[Esip-discovery] Impact of Discovery services

Cechini, Matthew F. (GSFC-423.0)[RAYTHEON COMPANY] matthew.f.cechini at nasa.gov
Thu Mar 17 13:26:45 EDT 2011

Recreating a reply since I wasn't on the list when this message was initially sent:

>It would be useful to eventually get an assessment of the impact of
>Discovery services to the community. More specifically, to be able to answer
>these two questions:

>(1) Where Discovery services have been implemented and deployed?

I have updated the wiki with information regarding our ECHO-ESIP API and sample Html client.

>(2) Have there been any improvements to data and service discovery/access?

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but the attached document contains a brief overview regarding our ECHO-ESIP API's ability to generate dynamic OSDDs.  We needed this in order to embed a client_id for metrics, but did not want to force the introduction of a required request parameter.

Matt

Matthew F Cechini
ECHO Operations Lead - Systems Engineer
Office: (301) 851-8049