[Esip-discovery] Impact of Discovery services

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 18 02:21:19 EDT 2011

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting.

We've got a good start in our Discovery listings now:
# of OpenSearch services: 5
# of DataCasting services: 3
# of ServiceCasting services: 1
# of various Discovery clients: 10

Your client_id approach to track metrics is interesting. It brings up a fascinating look at the variety of REST Request parameters used, as well as the variety of different formats used for OSDDs:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_OpenSearch_Services

It might be good for the Cluster to begin work on standardizing something on this front...

--Hook