[Esip-discovery] [Esip-earthcollaboratory] NSF EarthCube program

Eric Rozell rozele at rpi.edu
Tue Aug 9 23:00:50 EDT 2011

I am also interested in this.  I joined the Discovery telecon late today, but there was some talk about this potentially funding specific extensions to the Discovery protocol (Hook mentioned extensions for semantics and faceted search to name a few, I am interested in either of these).  I also find this interesting because the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) is organizing a workshop for data and services integration (also in October).   A whitepaper for interoperability in EarthCube would likely be relevant to the W3C as well.  I think it would be great for ESIP to get its work exposed to the W3C community.

-Eric