[Esip-discovery] GitHub and code contribution for Discovery Testbed
cwhite at esri.com
Mon Apr 9 11:24:57 EDT 2012
Hello Discovery Cluster,
As we proceed with the development, documentation, and testing phases of the Discovery Testbed, we'd like to solidify with you processes for managing code contributions.
I have posted some initial points for consideration on our Discovery Cluster wiki: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Testbed_Code_Contribution_Guidelines
These are also provided below. All points are up for discussion, with the caveat that no process is perfect and we'd like to move forward soon :) Please take a look; we can talk further on these points tomorrow on the Cluster call.
Christine White - proposed initial guidelines below
Discovery Testbed Code Contribution Guidelines
* Customizations to the Esri Geoportal Server code for this Discovery Testbed Project will be maintained in a GitHub hosted project.
o NOTE: If you have a strong preference for another open source repository, please feel free to make your case. GitHub is proposed initially because of larger support from the Product & Services group, but other solutions can certainly be considered.
* ESIP Discovery Cluster members who want to contribute customizations will be developers in the project and can contribute.
* Contributed customizations should support a documented work item associated with a use case per the ESIP wiki and/or the source repository. The customization should include a reference to the documented item.
* Contributions will be tested by the Esri team and if compatible with the base Geoportal Server software and the requirements/use cases identified by the Discovery Cluster, included in the deployment on the testbed instance.
* A yet-to-be-determined set of individuals will have access to the testbed to deploy the customizations.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Esip-discovery