[Esip-discovery] FW: [spg] OGC Xlink Policy and timeline to move to XLink 1.1

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 26 14:59:56 EDT 2012

On Apr 26, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Huang, Thomas (388J) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looking at the attributes and values for rel, type, and xlink, it is difficult to determine the href is really pointing to an OPeNDAP server.
>  Perhaps we should consider the keyword OPeNDAP be the prefix for the title attribute?

Thomas,
   Actually, the xlink is meant to serve that purpose:  xlink:role="http://xml.opendap.org/dap/dap2.xsd" is meant to *unambiguously* say that the href is pointing to an OPeNDAP server. Can you elaborate on where the difficulty arises?

--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185