[Esip-discovery] time for new challenges?

Ramirez, Paul M (388J) paul.m.ramirez at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 19 10:37:28 EST 2012

Hi Chris,

Seems like a worthy and tractable cause to help those within the
organization to understand how to increase the visibility of their web
applications and sites. One of the first steps could be to understand how
a search engine views an application or site. For this there are already a
large variety of tools[1][2][3]. These tools of course are just a portion
of the solution but could help frame the problem. That said, is this an
ESIP level issue or more at the level of each organization? Moreover, it
seems as though understanding one's web presence is one of an ongoing task
as it would evolve as the search engines evolve and as we bring online
more web applications. Anyhow just some thoughts, I'm all for supporting
an activity gets exposure for the great applications that have already
been built.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez
Jet Propulsion Laboratory