[Esip-discovery] time for new challenges?

Ruth Ellen Duerr rduerr at Colorado.EDU
Wed Dec 19 12:24:39 EST 2012

OK, so I have to weigh in here.  This is after all the whole point of service casting hooked to data and the Libre project in general.  I think we made huge strides in this area over the last couple of years.  Yes there are a few issues - crawl frontier management and the data equivalent of page rank being the major issues; but other than that we have demonstrated the ability to find getCapabilities docs, OSDD's, web enabled folders, OAI-PMH catalogs, etc. wherever they are on the web.  And building a Google for data is a major interest of mine.  I've even come up with what I think could be that killer app - though I am totally uninterested in starting a startup, even if Boulder is a hub for doing that (yes, it is a cheap for pay kind of idea).

So, yes this is a good topic; but it is one we are already addressing albeit very slowly in the Discovery cluster.

Ruth