[Esip-discovery] time for new challenges?

Mattmann, Chris A (388J) chris.a.mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 19 22:35:35 EST 2012

Yep, this is the classic difference between "vertical" (specialized) and
"horizontal" (general) search engines. This is why e.g., Fandango has its
own *way* better search for movies, than e.g., Google would for the same.

FYI my class at USC (CSCI 572) on Information Retrieval and Search Engines:

http://sunset.usc.edu/classes/cs572_2011/

Cheers,
Chris