[Esip-discovery] Idea for ESIP summer session

Yonsook Enloe yonsook at mindspring.com
Mon May 6 08:36:28 EDT 2013

Great idea!

-----Original Message-----
From: esip-discovery-bounces at lists.esipfed.org
[mailto:esip-discovery-bounces at lists.esipfed.org] On Behalf Of Doug Newman
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 8:14 AM
To: Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102)
Cc: <esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org>
Subject: [Esip-discovery] Idea for ESIP summer session

The main thing burning in my mind since CWIC also jumped in the direction of
Open Search is the number of specifications being generated for open search.
We have ESIP, OGC and one from Europe (we are still trying to get a
translation from the original french??!!) and CEOS are already talking about
'creating our own'. I'd like to start talking about keeping them as in sync
as possible (crazy eh?) and looking at the ESIP and OGC specs this appears
to be feasible.

A session about preventing these specs from diverging where possible would
be useful I think.

Cheers,

Doug Newman - ECHO Operations Lead
douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov
douglas.newman at vangent.com
Vangent, A General Dynamics Company | NASA | ECS Evolution Development
Program http://earthdata.nasa.gov/echo