[Esip-discovery] Idea for ESIP summer session

Doug Newman douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov
Mon May 6 08:14:17 EDT 2013

The main thing burning in my mind since CWIC also jumped in the
direction of Open Search is the number of specifications being generated
for open search. We have ESIP, OGC and one from Europe (we are still
trying to get a translation from the original french??!!)
and CEOS are already talking about 'creating our own'. I'd like to start
talking about keeping them as in sync as possible (crazy eh?) and
looking at the ESIP and OGC specs this appears to be feasible.

A session about preventing these specs from diverging where possible
would be useful I think.

Cheers,

Doug Newman - ECHO Operations Lead
douglas.j.newman at nasa.gov
douglas.newman at vangent.com
Vangent, A General Dynamics Company | NASA | ECS Evolution Development Program
http://earthdata.nasa.gov/echo