[Esip-discovery] Idea for ESIP summer session

Pedro Gonçalves pedro.goncalves at terradue.com
Mon May 6 13:22:15 EDT 2013

Great idea !
We should try to get a hands-on kinda-of code camp to try out the different flavors and services.

The ESIP is aligned to the OGC spec and adds an extra linking type (e.g. for OPenDAP) so we could check out the different  servers already giving access to real data and identify issues to improve.
There is also the HMA-S effort from the European Space Agency that defines an OpenSearch extension for Earth Observation queriables that might be useful (the french study is giving inputs to that).

Currently all these specifications are aligned and CWIC will use it as the starting point
There will be some presentations and discussion about this week in the CEOS WGISS meeting that might gives us some more ideas

cheers

Pedro