[Esip-discovery] Idea for ESIP summer session

Yoshiyuki KUDO y_kudo at restec.or.jp
Fri May 17 04:58:58 EDT 2013

We had CEOS WGISS meeting last week and set up a CEOS OpenSearch project.
I plan to attend the summer meeting (first time) and happy to share the
discussion there.

Snippet the CEOS OpenSearch session notes:
It was agreed that we would not try to develop a new OpenSearch standard
but a CEOS OpenSearch "best practice" to meet our goal, ie.CWIC-FedEO
interoperability.
There is OpenSearch extension for EO queriables[1] which Pedro is writing and is about to go through OGC process for finalization. We will first look at this document and collect comments from CEOS organizations for neccessary update.
If the comments are not significant, they will be incorporated to the [1] document and we'll use it as CEOS-agreed best practice.
If the comments are too overwhelming to be incorporated to the [1] document, we'll need further discussion on the way forward.
There was a comment that importance of 2-step search is obvious and should be more endorsed and implemented at GCI or GEO IIB (Infrastructure Implementation Board) level.

[1] OGC Opensearch Extension for Earth Observation Product (draft) [OGC
13-026]
---

Yoshi

 Yoshiyuki KUDO

 Research and Development Department
 Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan (RESTEC)

 Phone  :+81-3-6435-6749
 FAX    :+81-3-5777-1581
 Email   :y_kudo at restec.or.jp

 Email   :y_kudo at restec.or.jp