[Esip-discovery] Next Web Services monthly telecon Monday, Nov 9, at 4PM Eastern

soren scott sorenscott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:35:52 EST 2015

Hello,

So I'm going to suggest a vote for any interested parties:

[  ] I'm interested in the cluster and want to discuss the direction of it
at Winter ESIP 2016.
[  ] I'm interested in the cluster and have been unable to attend the
telecons.
[  ] I feel we're covering enough web service-related activities in another
cluster.

(feel free to respond just to me sorenscott [at] gmail.com).

For context, my proposal is to consider a web services for discovery de
facto standard. There's a need to capture and advertise a certain kind of
information for research objects, ie a unique identifier for a service, for
providing usable information regarding a service to brokers and end users,
ie there's descriptive text, and for indicating both participation in this
kind of automated ecosystem and service limitations from the data provider.

Boils down to two things: we have a different information need now and, at
least for me, I would like a system to make *any* publicly accessible EO
web service discoverable through these portals, regardless of whether we
understand how to use them programmatically (right away). So, Monday, tell
me why I'm wrong, what's missing, what needs to be included to make it
functional for you.

Webex connection info (this will be the last scheduled telecon opportunity
of the year):

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*

Attendee access code: 23136782

Cheers,

Soren