[Esip-discovery] Call for Participants in Usage-Based Edition of the Data Discovery Cluster

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Mon Feb 17 16:53:38 EST 2020

Following on our ESIP Winter Session, “"Connecting Data with Data Usage: a Graph Approach", we are rebooting the ESIP Discovery Cluster in a Usage-Based Edition. We will still be tackling the Earth science data discovery problem, but through a new angle, based on how the data are used, in an aim to leverage the applications usage of data more.

I’m proposing to use the existing space on the ESIP wiki at http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cluster and esip-discovery mail list.

Proposed frequqncy would be monthly, say, the 4th week of the month. Here is a doodle poll to select the best time/day of week: https://www.doodle.com/poll/fm2tshir9n5cradi

Please respond this week. I’ll send out the meeting invite Friday afternoon.

Thanks!

—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    301-614-5185
“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” - C. Mingus