[Esip-documentation] date_issued attribute

Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate ajay.krishnan at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 30 13:02:09 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon the
'date_issued<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/formats/DataDiscoveryAttConvention.html#date_issued_Attribute>'
attribute while comparing our NetCDF data with the UDDC scores. This field
seems to be missing in our NetCDF templates for some reason, and we would
like to incorporate the same into them. Looking at the description, it's
still a little unclear as to what is meant by, "the date on which this data
was formally issued". Can you kindly provide us with a more substantial
definition of the atrribute which would clearly differentiate it from the
date_created<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/formats/DataDiscoveryAttConvention.html#date_created_Attribute>attribute?

Any help/ guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay