[Esip-documentation] Strategic plan and ACDD

John Graybeal jbgraybeal at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 7 00:34:49 EST 2014

Hi all,

After discussion with Derrick Snowden, I've made some changes to the organization of the ACDD pages.

The new organization has a 'master page' for the specification, which is configured to redirect to the current specification. This allows a single URL to always point to the current specification, and avoids breaking links to previous versions. (And similarly, a master page for the working document, which can redirect to any existing working page.)

I've also deleted the '(ACDD)' from all the page titles -- while this marginally reduces search engine optimization, I think it is worth the simplified URLs IMHO. All existing URLs will redirect to the new URLs, if I've done everything correctly.

So this gives us as the new hierarchy:

Category Page: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Category:Attribute_Conventions_Dataset_Discovery
Current Convention: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery
    REDIRECTS TO http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_1-1
Current Working Page: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_Working
    REDIRECTS TO: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_1-2_Working

All histories and discussion pages follow the updated page names, not the previous.

All introductory texts are updated to reflect this model, as are all the auxiliary pages.

Please let me, Derrick, or the list know of any issues or concerns, it is a wiki after all.

John