[Esip-documentation] ACDD Adjudication call #2 Thurs at 1400ET/1100PT (2 hrs..?)

Philip Jones - NOAA Affiliate via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Oct 9 10:41:46 EDT 2014

Hi John,

For additional attributes, the table is missing the CF attribute
"references". If included, should probably recommend using URIs such as
DOIs.

Also, there are a few attributes from the GHRSST data spec
<https://www.ghrsst.org/files/download.php?m=documents&f=121009233443-GDS20r5.pdf>
(section 8.2) that may be of interest:
- uuid
- platform
- sensor

Note that the GDS uses a controlled vocabulary for platform and sensor, so
if adopted we may want to have corresponding platform_vocabulary and
sensor_vocabulary attributes.

Phil

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM, John Graybeal via Esip-documentation <
esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thursday (tomorrow as I write this, today as you're probably reading it)
> we will have the second adjudication call for ACDD. It will be at the usual
> time (2 PM Eastern, 11 AM Pacific). *Call-in details below (here's
> a direct webex link
> <https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/j.php?MTID=m5a78462c0ba871a45673d7b2c7a28355>).*
>
> I haven't seen any objections to Anna's suggestion to allow two hours; we
> will confirm that when we start. My goal is to forward a recommended
> document, perhaps with an open issue or two, to the full Documentation
> Cluster meeting.
>
> I plan to run this call by walking down Version Changes table, focusing
> only on attributes with issues raised. Many of the 'Issue raised'
> attributes (color in column J) seem to have the consent of the group by
> now; I will handle those as 'Any objection?' items and hopefully most will
> have none. (Just email me or the list to pull them off the Consent list.)
>
> The Date/Timestamps category remains the most muddled, so we will handle
> it last. I propose to follow this sequence:
> (A) Determine if we can agree on any improvements to date_created,
> date_modified, and date_issued definitions.
> (B) Determine if we can agree on any additional attributes.
> (C) Determine if we can agree on any other changes, e.g., to the Attribute
> Content Guidance.
>
> As a practical matter I'm going to use the '70% of voters" rule for
> whether changes are approved; of course nothing is actually approved until
> the full meeting approves it.
>
> No matter what the outcome of this meeting, the results will get forwarded
> to the next meeting (hopefully the full meeting next Thursday). If we have
> time we'll take a final approval vote of those on the call, to gauge
> support.
>
> See you on the call tomorrow,
>
> John

> To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting

> 1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
> 2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
> 3. Select the YOUR MEETING NAME
> If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372

> To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone

> Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
> Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
> Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
> Global call-in numbers:
> https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
> Toll-free dialing restrictions:
> http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
>
> Attendee access code: 231 383 72

Philip R. Jones
Team ERT/STG
Government Contractor
National Climatic Data Center, NOAA NESDIS
Veach-Baley Federal Building
151 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001 USA
Voice: +1 828-271-4472  FAX: +1 828-271-4328