[Esip-documentation] ACDD meeting #3 results, topics for tomorrow

John Graybeal via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Wed Oct 15 23:54:26 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

The notes from Tuesday's adjudication meeting are at http://commons.esipfed.org/acdd_1-3_adjudication_mtg3 (thanks Anna for great inputs; I tried not to add any mistakes as I updated), and the approved changes are integrated into the Version Changes table and the working document (now version 1.3.2).

For those who haven't been following along, note that the Version Changes table is organized by concept (not be level of recommendation), and has several columns to the right of the definition indicating whether there are any pending issues, what the nature of the change was, and whether this was a new attribute brought up since the last full ESIP Documentation meeting. That document may be the easiest way to review the attributes in relation to each other.

We still have an open topic around geospatial_bounds. Several issues have been raised about the 'simple' 1.3.1 definition currently in the Version Changes document, and about the richer (but closer to OGC-compliant) version I just proposed; as well as around the process. As the default position, I have reverted the working document to the 1.1 definition.

However, I do expect tomorrow at least one person (besides me) to request consideration of the most recent version of geospatial_bounds, and its related attributes. So, I will send out an updated version of that in another mail. And I will perform one final review of cdm_data_type, to see if there is any options we've overlooked (or any mistakes we've added).

Aside from those details, we will consider the document as a whole, and any additional questions raised by the full Documentation Cluster. Then we'll see what action(s) everyone wants to take. Looking forward to it!

John