[Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 approval vote initiated

Kelly Monteleone via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Dec 18 15:02:00 EST 2014

The notes from today’s meeting are on the commons (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/7596) and the esip wiki (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Category:Documentation_Cluster#Meeting_Minutes)

Kelly

From: John Graybeal via Esip-documentation
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:44 PM
To: ESIP Documentation LIst
Subject: [Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 approval vote initiated

Hello everyone,

On the Documentation Cluster call today, we initiated the vote on approving ACDD 1.3. As agreed, we will keep this vote open to Documentation Cluster members until end of the day December 31, 2014. You can vote on whether to approve the convention at http://doodle.com/t7tni9ab2a2xhnmf.

As our validation that no one is spamming that link, once voting has closed I'll copy the final names and votes into an email to this list, so that everyone can see their vote was recorded correctly.

Other results of the discussion:

We clarified that none of the 1.2 versions were ever approved or recommended for use; the recommended version is 1.1 as of today, and will be 1.3 once it is approved. (Some have informally recommended 1.3 already.)

We made a minor change to the document; and I agreed to make one other change to the associated documentation once version 1.3 is approved:

The minor adjustment was to move creator_url to the Recommended section, to be consistent with the publisher_url recommendation.

The documentation change is that non-normative documents which are referenced by 1.3 in the Additional Materials section (things like mappings, ISO translation, order of precedence, etc.) will have appropriate notations added to the top of each document, reflecting that they are historical references and not normative or necessarily current. As these are not normative, I feel comfortable changing them as seems appropriate, subject to further review of course.

And with that, our changes to the ACDD 1.3 voting document have been completed, and I thank everyone for your patience, participation, and persistence throughout!

Please vote!

John

John Graybeal
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org