[Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 approval vote initiated

Nan Galbraith via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Dec 23 12:28:06 EST 2014

I'm going to have to vote no, mainly because of the remaining circular
definitions of the terms for roles - creator and publisher.

For creator (or creator_name), we had agreed on 'the person principally
responsible for originating this data' - I know there was a lot of
discussion on this but I had no idea we were rolling back to the
original non-definition, 'the person principally responsible for
creating this data'.  My understanding was that some people had been
adverse to changing from creator to creator_name, but were fine with
'person principally responsible for originating the data'.

Since the versions and discussion pages have disappeared, I can't
confirm the wording that I thought we'd agreed upon, without paging
through dozens of emails with subject lines that don't reflect the contents.

One of the main problems with the original version of ACDD, IMHO, was
that the definitions were not useful or clear. If we're not going to
fix that, then I don't see much use in updating the spec.

Regards - Nan

Quoting John Graybeal via Esip-documentation