[Esip-documentation] WDS keyword in NASA/GCMD question

Anna Milan - NOAA Federal anna.milan at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 7 19:25:21 EDT 2015

Hi Mustapha,
I'm trying to properly document WDS in our metadata records and would like
to get feedback/support on adding a keyword to the projects keyword list.
The current keywords in GCMD are no longer applicable due to the change in
2009(?) from WDC to WDS and other organizational changes in NOAA.
This is an example of the (now inapplicable) keywords that we used to use
from the *Data Center *Keyword list:

*WDC/GEOPHYSICS, BOULDER > World Data Center for Geophysics, Boulder*

I propose adding this to the project keywords
<http://gcmdservices.gsfc.nasa.gov/static/kms/projects/projects.csv> list
in GCMD and then using this in all our metadata that is associated with WDS
.

*ICSU-WDS > International Council for Science - World Data System*

​Thanks in advance for your response. I realize it's just one keyword, but
it means a lot to us metadata folk who care about representing our datasets
accurately. ​

​Cheers,
Anna
*~~~~~~Metadata Adds Meaning.~~~~~~*
Anna.Milan at noaa.gov, 303-497-5099
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information
formerly NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/metadata/emma