[Esip-documentation] New Documentation Co-chairs, October meeting, and Winter sessions

Ted Habermann thabermann at hdfgroup.org
Tue Oct 4 16:48:13 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am happy to announce that Sean Gordon from The HDF Group and Kaylin Bugbee from UAH are taking over as co-chairs of the Documentation Cluster. They will need some help/tips/support from those of us that have been around for awhile as they come up to speed. Thanks in advance to everyone for that help as we move forward.

The next meeting is Oct. 24. Matt Jones from NCEAS will be talking about some exciting work on web services for metadata evaluation. Will certainly be a great talk.

The other item for discussion is sessions for the winter meeting. We created a wiki page for collecting suggestions (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Documentation_Sessions_Winter_2017). Please add titles and brief descriptions there.

It has been a great pleasure for me to co-chair this group with Ed and others. Thanks to all for your participation and support over the years. Of course I will continue to be involved as a member.

Great luck going forward to Sean and Kaylin!
Ted