[Esip-documentation] Question on licensing of "Attribute Convention for Data Discovery 1.3" wiki page content

Annie Burgess annieburgess at esipfed.org
Tue Sep 18 12:22:55 EDT 2018

Hi John, all -

The thread didn't end with a resolution. Based on your proposed solution
(CEDAR), I wonder if others think that is a potential path forward OR if
we should set up space (outside of email) for more discussion about Mark's
previous questions related to hosting on the ESIP wiki:

*1. **Is there a management layer around*

*http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery>?2.
Is there a controlled document that manages any change to the list of names
of the attributes and their definitions?3. How would a change be managed?
* an addition of a new attribute name?*
*  * a new attribute name? *
*4. From the perspective of managing the information, what happens once a
change is agreed?*

* * What content is changed? * Is there a controlled document that is
considered the authoritative source? * Is a change made to a live web page
by an authorized user? * Is there a record of these changes? * Is there a
'tag' that points to a particular release? (how may we compare ACDD-1.1
with ACDD-1.3)*

Annie Burgess, PhD

ESIP Lab Director | Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)

www http://esipfed.org | phone 585.738.7549

*Sign up for the monthly ESIP Lab update here <http://eepurl.com/dtKL8z>.*

*See the most recent update here
<https://mailchi.mp/esipfed/esip-lab-a-virtual-earth-science-tech-space-2668717>.*