[Esip-documentation] updates to ACDD

Chris Turner chris at axiomdatascience.com
Mon Oct 11 16:02:22 EDT 2021

Hello all,

I'm curious about any movement or interest to update the ACDD. I know that
v1.3 is 6 years old, and the ESIP wiki makes it looks like there hasn't
been interest or discussion in this since 2017. Is there still any intent
to develop v2.0?

My sudden interest in this comes from the need to include identifiers
(ORCID, ResearchID, AuthorID, etc) for the person listed in the creator
attributes and the people listed in the contributor attributes. I'd like to
do this in a community-vetted way, but but if there isn't an active
community working on ACDD anymore, we can look at including these
attributes in one of the netCDF community profiles - probably the the IOOS
metadata profile
<https://ioos.github.io/ioos-metadata/ioos-metadata-profile-v1-2.html>.

Thanks for whatever you can tell me.

- Chris