[Esip-drone] Useful Connections?

Burke, Wayne M (3980-Affiliate) Wayne.M.Burke at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 22 10:32:15 EDT 2015

Hello Drone Cluster!

I recently discovered a couple of potentially useful connections for
this cluster. If there is sufficient interest and a tangible connection
point for discussion, I would be happy to set up cluster conference
calls with each of them as a means of introduction.

The first is Lisa Ellmann, formerly Chief Counselor at the White House
for the Open Government Partnership. She is now an Attorney focused on
Drone Law, Policy and Innovation at some big law firm in DC. Check out
her bio and presentations:
http://www.mckennalong.com/professionals-LisaEllman.html

The other one is David Baeza, Co-Founder & CEO at Vine Rangers in Santa
Barbara, CA. He uses drones with infrared cameras to analyze vineyards
to identify pests and determine soil moisture, chlorophyll, and ripeness
of the fruit. Seems pretty cool - and potentially relevant to Bar's
research project. He has some videos on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbaeza

Let me know what you think,
Wayne

---