[Esip-drone] Useful Connections?

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:06:39 EDT 2015

Hi Wayne,

This is excellent! Both topics are very relevant and quite interesting. I
think it would be really great to connect with both via conference call, if
they are interested and available. I'd also be be happy to help you set the
calls up, let me know what you need.

Additionally, for the cluster, I am speaking with Erin today to discuss the
possibility of a Drone Session for the summer meeting. If it is a
possibility, I'll certainly be reaching out to all of you to see what that
would look like, and if you have any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks,
- Bar

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Burke, Wayne M (3980-Affiliate) via
Esip-drone <esip-drone at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hello Drone Cluster!
>
> I recently discovered a couple of potentially useful connections for
> this cluster. If there is sufficient interest and a tangible connection
> point for discussion, I would be happy to set up cluster conference
> calls with each of them as a means of introduction.
>
> The first is Lisa Ellmann, formerly Chief Counselor at the White House
> for the Open Government Partnership. She is now an Attorney focused on
> Drone Law, Policy and Innovation at some big law firm in DC. Check out
> her bio and presentations:
> http://www.mckennalong.com/professionals-LisaEllman.html
>
> The other one is David Baeza, Co-Founder & CEO at Vine Rangers in Santa
> Barbara, CA. He uses drones with infrared cameras to analyze vineyards
> to identify pests and determine soil moisture, chlorophyll, and ripeness
> of the fruit. Seems pretty cool - and potentially relevant to Bar's
> research project. He has some videos on LinkedIn:
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbaeza
>
> Let me know what you think,
> Wayne
>
> ---
> Wayne Moses Burke, MS
> Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section (398)
> Mailstop: 168-527
> E-mail: Wayne.M.Burke at jpl.nasa.gov

Lindsay Barbieri
Agriculture and Climate Cluster: ESIP Federation Student Fellow
Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
Gund Institute for Ecological Economics
University of Vermont