[Esip-drone] Drone Imagery & Geo-Tagging

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 11 13:03:24 EST 2016

Esri will present its Drone2Map at the FedGIS 2016 (Feb. 24-25);
http://www.esri.com/events/federal. There will be a special "UAS
Neighborhood" on the exhibit floor, including a drone cage for flying demos.

Bill

On 02/10/2016 09:31 PM, Dave Jones via Esip-drone wrote:

> During the ESIP meeting I believe there were discussions on how to get
> imagery taken by drones into GIS systems rapidly. I am very interested
> in determining how we can gain acess to sample drone imagery in GIS
> formats perhaps served by WMS services. This will enable us to share
> those data rapidly via our GeoCollaborate™ testbed activities within
> the ESIP Federation.
>
> I have several applications I would like to address such as wildfire
> observing, sea ice extent monitoring, land use and disaster response.
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave Jones
>
> Founder & CEO, Applications Futurist
>
> StormCenter Communications, Inc.
>
> bwtech at UMBC Research & Technology Park
>
> 1450 S. Rolling Road, Mail Stop 4.029
>
> Halethorpe, MD 21227
>
> 410-203-1316
>
> dave at stormcenter.com <mailto:dave at stormcenter.com>
>
> www.stormcenter.com <http://www.stormcenter.com/>
>
> /The Federal Government’s choice for real-time data sharing &
> collaboration/
>
> /connecting disparate Common Operating Pictures (COPs) for all kinds/
>
> /of decision making. (SBIR contract NNX12CA85C)/

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *