[Esip-drone] SciDataCon: Drone Session (and others!) -- but no telecon this week

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Tue Jun 19 03:03:33 EDT 2018

Hello ESIP Drone Cluster,

No Telecon this week. Instead, please consider *submitting an abstract
<https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/submit/>* to SciDataCon, as a part
of International
Data Week (IDW <http://www.internationaldataweek.org/>) this November 5-8
in Gaborone, Botswana. There are many excellent sessions, and I've
highlighted three, for those working with drones, geospatial monitoring, or
in an ag / sustainable development context. *Abstracts are due June 25th *(less
than a week!)

   - *Cross disciplinary drone data: challenges and opportunities
   <https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/sessions/214/>: for those engaged in
   addressing data and information challenges in the use of drones, especially
   considering open and FAIR data.*

   - New and Emerging Technologies in Agriculture:
   <https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/sessions/215/> for those engaged in
   development or use of new data and information technologies for research or
   decision-making in agricultural systems.

   - Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Data at the Subnational Level
   <https://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/sessions/207/>: for those engaged in
   addressing gaps in SDG data coverage, with particular interest in
   contributions that speak to the need for coordination, and collaboration in
   data collection at the subnational and regional level.

*Why present at SciDataCon?* IDW will bring together data scientists,
researchers, industry leaders, and policy makers to 'improve knowledge and
benefit society through data-driven research and innovation' under the
theme of Digital Frontiers for Global Science. We are also planning a Drone
Fly Week & Drone Data Day with colleagues from Gaborone and beyond,
and we're really looking forward to it!

We hope to see your abstract submissions before Monday! Please get in touch
with any questions and kindly consider sharing this opportunity with
colleagues.

Your co-chairs,
Bar & Jane

--
Lindsay Barbieri
PhD Candidate, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources