[Esip-drone] Drinks &Semantic Drone/sensors brain storming at ESIP Summer?

Jane Wyngaard jwyngaar at nd.edu
Fri Jul 13 10:34:01 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Not sure if all of you are going to be at the ESIP summer meeting but I was
wondering if the 5 of us could schedule drinks/dinner at some point in the
week?  From my side I see potential if we could do some brain storming
around our intersecting interests?

- Andrea and I have been pushing the Minimal Information Framework and
ontology for drone data
- Matt and Mike have CHORDS and the enviro-sensing data workflow efforts
- I have Bar's CO2&other onboard drone data in a Snap (that's just begging
for semantic tags and a machine readable data archive)

I think there are a number of different worthwhile research avenues in the
realms of FAIR/Semantic/DataManagement/other that could leverage these
collectively into useful outputs for scientific sensing generally.

jane

Jane Wyngaard, PhD

Data Science Technologist
Centre for Research Computing