[Esip-drone] [dronedata] ESIP plenary and Drones

jwyngaard via Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems’ Data IG dronedata at rda-groups.org
Mon Jul 6 10:14:24 EDT 2020

Hi all

Hope you're keeping well in these strange times.  Virtual ESIP is already
upon us, I know the ESIP team has done some amazing work to make sure even
though we're virtual there will be stellar content.

If you haven't signed up already it's $200 and happening next week, see the
schedule here <https://2020esipsummermeeting.sched.com/> (they've
specifically arranged things to allow for some days to be more Australia
friendly too)

So 2 places drones will be highlighted/discussion had that we hope will be
of relevance to the future of drones and data:

LANDRS Ontology and Tooling will be demoed and we'll also discuss Cluster
future in the broader community context
*Wednesday*, July 15 • 4:00pm - 5:30pm EST
 DroneDataBuddy: Tooling to capture and publish drone captured scientific
data
<https://2020esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/cIux/dronedatabuddy-tooling-to-capture-and-publish-drone-captured-scientific-data>

Drones are going to be highlighted in a plenary broadly about not
reinventing the wheel as we tackle complex science challenges, See:
*Wednesday*, July 15 • 6:00pm - 7:30pm EST
Passing on Reinventing the Wheel: Developing methods and reducing barriers
to inter- and intra-disciplinary research output translation
<https://2020esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/cIuu/passing-on-reinventing-the-wheel-developing-methods-and-reducing-barriers-to-inter-and-intra-disciplinary-research-output-translation>

Jane Wyngaard, PhD

Embedded Systems Engineer & Data Technologist
Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame