[Esip-envirosensing] LoggerNet for Linux

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:25:37 EST 2013

 From what I have read in the CSI literature LNLinux is just a Linux port of the server component of LoggerNet. You still need to use  a Windows client to actually work with it. You get both pieces of software when you buy their LNLinux package. The rep that visited us wasn't too familiar with the software side of CSI's offerings, though, so he couldn't tell us more than the website (https://www.campbellsci.com/lnlinux-specifications).

Sounds like this would be a good solution if you ran Linux computers in the field and wanted to have the LoggerNet server operating there, and then just use the Win client from a laptop or remote location for programming and management. Probably not what exclusive Mac/Linux data management offices would like to have, though ;)

Wade Sheldon
University of Georgia