[Esip-envirosensing] CERF 2015 session on sensor data management in Nov 2015 (abstracts due May 1)

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Mon Apr 6 09:41:07 EDT 2015

The 2015 Coastal & Estuarine Research Federation conference will be held Nov 8-12, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. One of the grand challenges they identified is "Making data work", so I collaborated with Don Henshaw and John Porter to propose a session on "Best practices and tools for managing environmental sensor data." We hope to model this session after our ESIP sessions from last year, but targeted towards environmental science practitioners instead of other informatics professionals. A description of our session is available here:

http://www.erf.org/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid=29513818

Please consider joining us in Portland and participating in this session. Both oral and poster presentations are welcome. You can visit the CERF website (http://www.erf.org) for general information about the conference, submitting an abstract, and registration. Please note that the deadline for abstract submission is May 1st (11:59 PM PDT or May 2, 6:59 GMT). Apologies for the short notice.

Regards,

Wade Sheldon
Georgia Coastal Ecosystems LTER
Marine Sciences