[Esip-envirosensing] Fourth Friday Call Pre-Reminder, a few notes

Fox Peterson fox at tinybike.net
Wed Apr 8 12:42:59 EDT 2015

Hi ESIP group,

While refactoring some code I thought I'd send a few notifications. On the
fourth friday this month we're going to have ONSET on our call (Hobo), so
if you use or are interested in their loggers, this is a neat opportunity.
I have to say they have really been great to work with, so I feel like this
will go very well!

We're still thinking about the summer session and abstracts are due soon.
Thoughts? Suggestions for topics/speakers?

I recently spoke with Kisters, who make the WISKI water management tool and
they will be on with us in August or September. They would like the
opportunity to do a live demo with us using some of our real stream data.
The type of data they can ingest is vast, and the WISKI  tool performs time
series analysis and management, as well as lots of higher-order functions
like stream flow, statistical analyses, and even geographical analyses. If
any of you have a data set you'd like to share, I can facilitate this, and
hey-- it's a cool chance to get to see your data in a new way with all of
us around you.

​We are not going to be putting up the media content on the wiki anymore as
it seems like this is not used and ESIP is making a move to reduce media
storage. Is this a problem for anyone? I can record specific conversations
and even screen captures if we want to continue to offer this on a case by
case basis.

See you all later,

Fox​

--