[Esip-envirosensing] Open slotes: ESIP Summer EnviroSensing Session!

Scotty D Strachan strachan at unr.edu
Fri Jun 14 16:04:16 EDT 2019

Dear Fellow EnviroSensors,

We still have a few open short talk slots in our Cluster Session: "EnviroSensing: Sensor Data, Technology, and Best Practices<https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtPe>" at the ESIP-Fed Summer Meeting<https://www.esipfed.org/meetings/upcoming-meetings/sm19> in Tacoma. Our session is scheduled for Wednesday, July 17, 10:30a - 12:00p.

If you are planning to attend the meeting, we invite short talks no longer than 10 min in length (so, closer to a flash/ignite-style talk). We will also try to set aside some time for group questions/discussion. Bring your current project, results, experiments, or crazy ideas. We expect to be able to broadcast on the web (ESIP usually makes at least live audio connections available).

Session Abstract: Sponsored by the ESIP EnviroSensing Cluster, this session is open to scientists, information managers, and technologists interested in the general topic of in-situ environmental sensing for science and management. Our community of practitioners promotes conversation around, and development and refinement of techniques to observe natural Earth system processes over short and long timescales. Short talks on new data types, interesting technology applications, project case studies, data management, related software tools, quality control processes, and other advances in the field are welcome and invited to submit!

Please email Renée F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu> and Scotty Strachan strachan at unr.edu<mailto:strachan at unr.edu> if you would like to present! Feel free to forward to colleagues/students that you think may be interested.

Cheers,
Scotty & Renée