[Esip-esda] Starting in 5 minutes: Next ESIP Earth Sciences Data Analytics Telecon - May 21

Brand Niemann bniemann at cox.net
Sat May 23 13:14:41 EDT 2015

Good discussion.

Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist, by Dr. Vincent
Granville, Co-founder of Data Science Central

Page 248 Forecasting Meteorite Hits

NIST Big Data Framework:

Dear Brand,

Thanks for your encouragement and special thanks for your Federal Big Data
WG Meetup for willing to review and help to enhance the content of our seven
NBD-PWG documents!

Thanks also for generating the MOOC and CRSIP analysis!

Thanks again for taking the time to review and provide valuable feedback.

--Wo

Wo, You are welcome.

At our Monday Meetup, I tried to get our members to submit comments, but
there was more interest in Data Mining the documents for data sets for
applications. So I stopped looking for document edits for the template and
did what I think your Stage 2 and 3 are about, creating an interface to the
documents for searching for information across all documents, finding data
sets, building applications and educating data scientists. In a sentence:
Excellent content, but not in a very useable form as 7 Word documents.

I added the cross-walk table in my review between your 9 categories for 51
Use Cases and our Data Science Data Publications and Meetups (MOOCs):

My most specific comment on the document contents is that the Volume 3
Appendices A and D are not a good format for a data set in the Data Science
Data Publication I have done. In a sentence: Again excellent content in the
Template, but not a useable format for a Data Science Data Publication.

The Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup will continue focusing on
government big data use cases for Data Science Data Publications and MOOCs.

Brand