[Esip-esda] Cluster Telecon: Summer Session & Big Data in Ag Blog Posts

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Mon Apr 16 17:01:48 EDT 2018

Hello ESDA,

We had a great ESIP Winter session, but it has been a little while since
our last meeting -- about time to have a ESDA Telecon. I'm looking forward
to having a brief **half hour* *check-in this week to discuss possibilities
for ESIP Summer. Please join if you have ideas.

*Call In to ESDA Telecon: (Half Hour Meeting)*
Thursday April 19th 3pm ET / 12pm PT until 3:30 ET / 12:30 PT

§  https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/407339749

§  You can also dial in using your phone.

§  United States: +1 (312) 757-3121 <(312)%20757-3121>

§  Access Code: 407-339-749

Also - CGIAR recently had a "Big Data in Agriculture" Blog Competition.
There are a number of well-written and interesting posts on all sorts of
"Big Data" topics, and two posts in particular were written by ESIP
Members! I encourage all to check out these and the other posts, and I
believe "voting" is done via likes, comments, shares, etc :)

   - Transdisciplinary thinking essential to enable sustainable data
   intensive agroecosystems
   <http://bigdata.cgiar.org/transdisciplinary-thinking-essential-to-enable-sustainable-data-intensive-agroecosystems/>,
   Aaron J. Piña & Brian Wee

   - Grow more food and mitigate climate change? Agricultural soil data
   could help
   <http://bigdata.cgiar.org/grow-more-food-and-mitigate-climate-change-agricultural-soil-data-could-help/>,
   Lindsay Barbieri

all the best,
Lindsay Barbieri (Bar)

--
Lindsay Barbieri
PhD Candidate, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources