[Esip-infoquality] ESIP Info Quality telecon this coming Friday at 2 pm EDT
Leptoukh, Gregory G. (GSFC-6102)
gregory.g.leptoukh at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 22 15:36:04 EDT 2011
Hi IQ folks,
As you know, we are preparing for the ESIP Summer meeting in Santa Fe, NM - July 12-15, 2011
The main theme of the meeting:
Data and Information Quality
Our cluster will play a big role at the meeting.
The following data quality tracks are considered for the meeting:
* Data Intercomparison and quality harmonization
* Best practices in different communities
* Level 2 Quality flags (and what do they tell about the product quality)
* Level 3 "Quality" (what's that?)
* Fit-for-purpose criteria for data quality (e.g., climate change need vs. near-real-time monitoring need)
* Data quality ontology (The Semantic Web Cluster is already working on logistics of the Data Quality Ontology breakout session)
* Presenting data quality to users
Also, we need to suggest and invite speakers for plenary and breakout sessions. These speakers should be engaging and describing various aspects of data quality. It will good to have different views on this subject.
Talking about best practices in different communities will be done at one of the breakout sessions of our cluster at the Summer meeting.
Let's have a telecon this coming Friday at 2 pm EDT.
Friday ???1100 PT/1200 MT/1300 CT/1400 ET??
* Call in # 1-877-669-3239
* Participant access code is: *23133897*
Please let me and the cluster know if this time is suitable this week and for the future - we may have biweekly telecons.
During this telecom I suggest to discuss:
1. What are the most important aspects of data quality we need to address at the summer ESIP meeting?
2. The next telecon time and agenda - I hope to have reps from various communities presenting their approaches to data quality.
I can request WebEx for our telecons so we can have an option to have a visual interactive presentation.
Our cluster webpage is at:
If you know of people that should be involved in this cluster work, please forward the webpage information to them.
Also, any suggestions about the cluster, telecom or the summer meeting - please send them to me and/or the group.
Dr. Gregory Leptoukh
Goddard Earth Sciences Data & Information Services Center
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Phone: (301) 614-5253
Fax: (301) 614-5268
Gregory.Leptoukh at nasa.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Esip-infoquality