[Esip-infoquality] IQC Monthly telecon - October 2018

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Fri Oct 5 12:16:44 EDT 2018

All,

The next telecon of the Information Quality Cluster will be on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, starting at 8 AM US Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). We will have an invited talk by Peter Cornillon, Professor, University of Rhode Island, Graduate School of Oceanography. The title and abstract of his talk are given below:

Title: The Sea Surface Temperature Error Budget

Short abstract: The NASA Physical Oceanography program funded a Science Team for sea surface temperature retrievals from satellite-borne instruments. In their first meeting the Science Team put together a white paper detailing the various contributors to the uncertainty associated with the range of SST products from Level 2 (L2) to Level 4 (L4). This white paper will be summarized in this presentation. In addition, two approaches to quantifying the contribution from one of these elements - instrument noise - in an L2 SST dataset obtained from the AVHRR suite of instruments and an L2 SST dataset obtained from the VIIRS instrument will be discussed.

As usual the agenda for the meeting is shown at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4wEmY48qpP7cDrbqV7tppkZ3q0GGkJNz_glvu4C2RI/edit. The telecon access details are given there as well, but are repeated below for your convenience.

GoToMeeting/Telecon Instructions:

*	To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:

*	 <https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/240974205> https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/240974205

*	You can also dial in using your phone.

*	United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
*	Access Code: 240-974-205

*	Information about IQC at http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality

Please put on your thinking caps for recommending invited speakers for our future monthly telecons. Please include them at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJ-YLQEKJP28tI53dxc7EkmqrLe8y2z8WG8TBDwfWRY/edit#gid=0.

Thanks.

Rama.

(On behalf of IQC co-chairs: H. K. (Rama) Ramapriyan, Ge Peng, and David Moroni)

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.