[Esip-machinelearning] ESIP Machine Learning Cluster Monthly Meeting Reminder - Fri 5/19/2023 12:00 PM EST

Ziheng Sun zsun at gmu.edu
Tue May 16 18:54:52 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce that we will have a distinguished guest speaker, Corin Jorgenson, at our upcoming Machine Learning Webinar on May 19th at 12:00 PM EST.

She will be delivering a talk on "Elucidating the mysteries of magma storage under volcanoes with machine learning".

Bio: Corin Jorgenson is a geologist who specializes in volcanic petrology and is currently pursuing her PhD at the University of Geneva. Her research focuses on the application of machine learning to investigate large scale magma movement with mineral chemistry. She is specifically studying the Colli Albani caldera complex in Central Italy as part of her thesis. Below is the event information:

Event details:
Fri 5/19/2023 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMlink: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88357173454?pwd=djkvOEx0TTZRekJLWVRHcEMyUitNZz09
We look forward to seeing you all at the meeting and to hearing Corin Jorgenson insightful presentation.

Best,

--

Ziheng Sun, Ph.D.

Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science

Center for Spatial Information Science and Systems

College of Science, George Mason University

E-mail: zsun at gmu.edu<mailto:zsun at gmu.edu>

Tel: 1-703-993-6124

Web: https://zihengsun.github.io