[Esip-marinedata] Marine Data Cluster - 2019-03-28 - CCHDO CF compliant NetCDF - Standard Names

Carolina Berys-Gonzalez cberysgonzalez at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 12 23:50:43 EDT 2019

*Topic: CCHDO CF compliant NetCDF - Standard Names*
*Time: Thursday, 2019-02-28, 10:30 PST (17:30 UTC)*

Hello everyone,

Please join this week's call where we will continue with the topic of the
new CCHDO netCDF-CF format, with a focus on parameter mapping. Joseph Gum
will give a short presentation on the importance of controlled vocabularies
in general,  "Standard Vocabularies, Case Study: CCHDO as they move to a
new netCDF-CF compliant format", which will segue into a discussion of the
CCHDO proposed standard name mapping found here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTNtGQuG0KzwM8eq2JLGYf-spRYTkaXIZXS0eAkWZ_8>
.

Other relevant links:
Previous discussion minutes and replay
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yYDO5wEiWZQpuzzw0pDkRvyqHPhKp87FLtaqB5Zu3dg>
Link to CCHDO demo file <https://github.com/cchdo/hydro/tree/jupyter> and
accompanying material on github
CCHDO parameters mapping Google doc
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTNtGQuG0KzwM8eq2JLGYf-spRYTkaXIZXS0eAkWZ_8>
for
standard names
CF <http://cfconventions.org/index.html> (Climate Forecast) Conventions
documentation
CF mailing list archives
<http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/> (standard names
discussion)

------------------------------------

*Connection Information via GoToMeeting:This group will convene every month
on the second and fourth Thursday10:30 AM Pacific Time, 1:30 PM Eastern
Time, 17:30 UTC*

Marine Data

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/157892821

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121 <+13127573121,,157892821>

Access Code: 157-892-821

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:
https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

--
Carolina Berys-Gonzalez
Scripps Institution of Oceanography